Fort Worth Doulas, Unconditional Support Professionally Delivered.
Fort Worth Doulas believes that birth is deeply personal and each unique journey deserves unconditional support. We will support you in YOUR birth philosophy no matter what that is. We support you fully regardless of how you choose to give birth. We have experience with natural birth, epidurals, inductions, cesarean birth and everything in between. We serve a vast array of families who have come to this place from all backgrounds and with different goals. Our goal is simple, to help you have a positive experience no matter what happens. We will be a resource for you throughout your pregnancy, delivery and immediate postpartum. Welcome to your safe place. Thank you for visiting.
- Click here to fill out our CONTACT form or call or text 817-343-7545.
- We'll meet face-to-face in your home or where it is convenient for you so that we can discuss your preferences and goals for your birth
- Consultations usually last about 45 minutes
- We are on call as soon as you sign your contract and pay your retainer even if you hire us at 6 wks of pregnancy
- Our service area is the DFW metroplex
- We work in ALL hospitals and birth centers in the DFW metroplex.
- Surgeons, Obstetricians, Midwives, Nurse Practitioners, CRNAs, Physician's Assistants, Nurses, Chiropractors and Physical Therapists recommend us (and even hire us!)
24/7 support is just a phone call away
- Feel free to shoot us a text or give us a call anytime you have a question/concern or just want to chat!
- We'll provide an Elle TENS unit for labor and birth (delivered at prenatal visit)
- Some of the topics we might discuss include goals, expectations, fears, birth choices, relaxation, positions for labor and birth, comfort techniques, interventions, birth plan information and assistance, aftercare...We want to know you, and anything that is unique to you and your pregnancy/birth so we can customize your care.
On your BIRTH day...
Our goal is your comfort. We provide culturally sensitive/all inclusive care and continuous support to help you achieve your goals. 15 hours of face-to-face contact time is included with each service as well as unlimited phone and text support in early labor.
That may include:
That may include:
When Planning a Natural/Unmedicated Birth
- a peaceful, loving, non-judgmental environment will give you complete freedom to give birth in your own unique way
- respect for your private moments with your spouse/significant other and not intruding on your space
- making sure your partner's needs are met during labor to alleviate undue pressure on them so they may participate in a way they feel comfortable
- physical prescence as your baby is being born
- when unexpected situations arise, We can help explain what is happening and what may happen next
- In the event of a birth center/home birth transfer, We remain by your side throughout and stay until after your baby is born
When Planning or (Needing) an Epidural
All of the above plus:
- expert positioning for epidural births to help with rotation and descent
- using a peanut ball or pillows
- advanced coaching for pushing techniques to lessen time pushing/reduce chances of unwanted cesarean
When a Cesarean Birth is Indicated
After the birth...
- We want you to enjoy your first few minutes with your baby so when you no longer need our immediate support, we will step a short distance away to give you private time to explore your new bundle of joy with your loved ones.
- When/if you desire, your doula will return to help initiate breastfeeding (or bottle feeding) and will not not leave the birth place until feeding is established or two hours after the birth.
- While we are not a photography service, your doula will be more than happy to take a few photos with your camera if desired. (We can recommend professional birth photographers in your area)
- Expect a phone call within the first 2 days after your birth to check on you
- Please call/text if you feel you need us or have any questions that we can help you with
- postpartum visit to check feeding and address any concerns/questions and discuss birth
We are happy to set up a payment plan for you.
"We *HIGHLY* recommend Fort Worth Doulas. Abbey is very attentive, patient, and encouraging. Her expertise and support were invaluable during the pregnancy, labor, and postpartum. She is one-of-a-kind and we are very grateful to have had her as part of our birth team." ~HR
We work hard to maintain positive and productive relationships with all providers in Dallas/Fort Worth. Don't see yours listed? That's ok! We work with them too.