Fort Worth Doulas is moving full steam ahead in 2018! Book today. Space is limited!
"We *HIGHLY* recommend Fort Worth Doulas. Abbey is very attentive, patient, and encouraging. Her expertise and support were invaluable during the pregnancy, labor, and postpartum. She is one-of-a-kind and we are very grateful to have had her as part of our birth team." ~HR
- Let's meet you where it is convenient for you so that we can discuss your preferences and goals for your birth
- Consultations usually last about 45 minutes
- Our service area is the DFW metroplex
- We work in ALL hospitals and birth centers in the DFW metroplex.
- Obstetricians and Midwives love working with us!
Fill out the contact form and we will be with you shortly!
- Easily schedule appointments by clicking the link, whenever it's convenient for you!
- Elle TENS unit for labor and birth (delivered at last prenatal visit)
- Some of the topics we might discuss include goals, expectations, fears, birth choices, relaxation, positions for labor and birth, comfort techniques, interventions, birth plan information and assistance, aftercare...We want to know you, and anything that is unique to you and your pregnancy/birth so we can customize your care.
- Email and phone support is available from the time the contract is signed and deposit is recieved until 6 weeks after your baby is born.
On your BIRTHday...
Our goal is your comfort. We provide culturally sensitive care and continuous support to help you achieve your goals. 18 hours of face-to-face contact time is included with each service as well as unlimited phone and text support in early labor.
That may include:
That may include:
- a peaceful, loving, non-judgmental environment will give you complete freedom to give birth in your own unique way
- respect for your private moments with your spouse/significant other and not intruding on your space
- making sure your partner's needs are met during labor to alleviate undue pressure on them so they may participate in a way they feel comfortable
- physical prescence as your baby is being born
- when unexpected situations arise, We can help explain what is happening and what may happen next
- In the event of a birth center/home birth transfer, We remain by your side throughout and stay until after your baby is born
After the birth...
- We want you to enjoy your first few minutes with your baby so when you no longer need our immediate support, we will step a short distance away to give you private time to explore your new bundle of joy with your loved ones.
- When/if you desire, your doula will return to help initiate breastfeeding and will not not leave the birth place until feeding is established or two hours after the birth.
- While we are not a photography service, your doula will be more than happy to take a few photos with your camera if desired. (We can recommend professional birth photographers in your area)
- Expect a phone call within the first 2 days after your birth to check on you
- Please call/text if you feel you need us or have any questions that we can help you with
- In home placenta encapsulation, and tincture if desired
- postpartum visit to check breastfeeding and address any concerns/questions and discuss birth